Your Genuine Expert Method (G.E.M.) is a series of steps you've developed to get something accomplished—like a guitar repair expert develops over a period of years. You may have studied the methods of others for years to accomplish a similar or related desired outcome, and tried every possible angle and possibility imaginable. But, eventually, you crafted a magic sequence that gets the job doneevery time.
You've used the same method over and over again with near perfect results for a respectable amount of time. So, you know it works. Maybe you've shared the method with clients or have provided the method itself as a specific service.
You know the topic so well that you are considered an expert in working through this method. No one presents this method quite like you do, because it is genuinely yours and yours alone.
When you have a method others can follow, and it will save them time or money (or both), you have a winning Genuine Expert Method to share. People are willing to spend money to learn about your method so that they can try it for themselves.
At R50 Books, we work with business owners, professional speakers, consultants, and coaches to discover and develop their 5-step G.E.M. It is one of the ingredients we've determined as essential to writing a top quality non-fiction book, building a speaking platform, and providing a service as a professional.
Sample Genuine Expert Methods
G.E.M.s are needed in every industry from agriculture to zoology. Here are some examples of G.E.M.s you may have seen in the past:
- 5 Steps to Losing Weight
- 5 Steps to Making More Money in the Stock Market
- 5 Steps to Reviving a Marriage
- 5 Steps to Getting Rich in Real Estate
- 5 Steps to Earning Top Google Search Results Positions
Obviously, the list could go on and on.
5 Qualities of a Genuine Expert Method
A high quality G.E.M. contains some important characteristics, including:
- 5 Steps - A Genuine Expert Method is made up of five core steps. People think in odd numbers. If you were only to offer four steps, peoples' minds would be anticipating there is a fifth. They feel unresolved without having Step #5. Having seven steps is too much to remember. Three steps seems too general or incomplete.
- Multiple Sub-Steps for Each Main Step - Any of the steps can contain multiple sub-steps. When you read a book, for example, what do you expect to see? You want simplicity, but details too. Conflicting wants, wouldn't you say? This desire for keeping it simple but tell me everything" is a common request. The five steps + multiple sub-steps satisfies this need.
- Different Way of Looking at the Same Thing - They say nothing new can be invented. It's all been done before. Yet, there are literally thousands upon thousands of Blues songs that use the same 12-bar progression style. Most of them sound similar, but yet, different at the same time. Your 5-step G.E.M. can be similar to others, but yet be truly and uniquely different.
- Easy to Remember - We live in a world of 140 character tweets. Your method must be easy to digest and remember. Too much fluff and not enough stuff will cause your method to get lost in the shuffle. Be succinct. Keep it simple.
- Can be Applied to Hard Topics - A "hard topic" in the writing and speaking world is one that can be quantified. You get a result that can be measured if you apply the method properly. Making more money is a hard topic whereas a romance novel is a very soft topic, for example.
Your Top Two Book Writing Challenges Made Easy!
During our free consultations with prospective book authors, we find the #1 challenge for people is to define what their book topic should be. This simple problem to overcome. In fact, we have a short exercise to help you identify your perfect book topic in less than 60 seconds!
The #2 challenge we find is that many experts really don't know that they've been implementing a 5-step method during their professional years. When we help them identify their 5-step method, they're simply amazed that is was there under their noses the whole time.
Discover Your Book Topic and Genuine Expert Method for FREE!
The point of telling you the #1 and #2 challenges we see among new authors is because we hope to inspire YOU to opt-in to get immediate access to our new 20-page whitepaper. We call it, The Method in Your: How to Define Your Topic, Develop Your Genuine Expert Method (GEM), and Get Your Book Started!
We used to suggest people just call Marty Dickinson on the phone for a free consult to see if R50Books is a good fit, but the conversations just got too long and too frequent. So, this is a way to provide our method to more people.
We believe EVERY business owner, speaker, consultant, trainer, and coach has an expert method that is truly "genuine" to that person. We want to help you discover it, whether you hire us down the road to help develop your book or not.
So, that's our invitation to you! Sign-up, get immediate access, read through the document and complete the brief exercises. In only a few minutes, you will have your Genuine Expert Method (G.E.M.) decided. The opportunities beyond that are simply endless!
Get "The Method in You" Workbook Plus Book/Author/News Alerts
Get immediate access to Marty Dickinson's 20-page mini workbook, The Method in You: How to Define Your Topic, Develop Your Genuine Expert Method (GEM), and Get Your Book Started!. We will also send occasional emails your way when there is an announcement involving one of our books, authors, or important happenings at R50Books. Remove your email at any time, but why not give us a try for a while?